Hysterical Ashes & Fire

I listen to a new record streaming over the Internets.  I write my initial reaction.  I give it a meaningless rating from a silly rating scale.  I write I a lot of times.
1 Superbowl victory - "Eh."
2 Superbowl victories - "Good but not great."
3 Superbowl victories - "Now you have something worth talking about."
4 Superbowl victories - "You are the MAN!  I spell M!"
5 Superbowl victories - "You are not even human!  You are a god!"

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah "Hysterical" 2 Superbowl victories.  Sprawling but same-y.

The blog darlings return with their first album in four years.  They are called indie rock.  Noisy pop.  It's all a little too 80's for my taste.  The record is way too long.  Sprawling but still it manages to have a same-yness throughout that makes it simply boring.  Highlights: None to speak of after one listen.

Ryan Adams "Ashes and Fire" 1 Superbowl victory. No Doze please!
This is a record that a 1970's folk rocker would be proud of.  Lot's of acoustic guitar, lot's of mellow vocals, and plenty of mid tempo to slow folk rock tunes.  I admit I really like Ryan Adams but man oh man this one is putting me to sleep!  This really could have used some upbeat (Hell just a little faster than molasses!) songs to move it along some.  At least it's bed time.  Highlights: Let me listen again and get back to you on that.

So I haven't written in a while again.  My last post was on my birthday.  August 9th for those of you keeping track.  I'm simply not finding music that trips my trigger.  If anyone has heard anything new that is exciting please forward to me.  Leave a comment here.  I will start listening more...writing more.  I'm thinking of blogging more than just record reviews.  That may start soon...or not.  We'll see right?  Take care.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheap Sidekicks and Cursive Girls

Will Facebook and Twitter Miss Me When I'm Gone?

Big Haunts Sleep Past the Few