The only thing we have to fear is no beer in the fridge.

I sat here tonight watching the Packers beat the Vikings in the playoffs and the whole time I wished I was writing a song. Then I thought, "Why not a whole album?" The first song title came to me out of thin air. "Whiskey Shoppers". First thing I should do is Google that and make sure it hasn't been used already. Hold on...BRB. Nope. It hasn't been used. I love when my idea turns out to be free game. Free game? Is that the saying I'm trying to think of? Two pints of Louie's Demise and my brain is already cloudy.

So I wrote the first verse and I'm thinking of grabbing a guitar. Problem is my wife is sleeping and I really don't want to wake her. She had a bad day today. Screw it. I'll grab the acoustic and play quietly.

No good. Couldn't get the words to do anything cool. No melodies jumped out.

So go to bed and wait till tomorrow. Wait...No...Not yet. I've been thinking of writing a song called "Hey Luciana". Maybe I will see if I can get anything out of that tonight. BRB.

Well some possibilities came out of that quiet little jam but nothing I'm too excited about. Start fresh tomorrow.

Oh by the way. I'm starting to blog my creative (and not so creative) process. Not really expecting anyone to be interested but I thought it might be nice to have a songwriting journal.

Take care,
Fiercely me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheap Sidekicks and Cursive Girls

Will Facebook and Twitter Miss Me When I'm Gone?

Big Haunts Sleep Past the Few